SOME DAYS YOU’RE THE BUG, OTHERS YOU’RE THE WINDSHIELD.
“However you define yourself, that defines you.”
If success, then success.
If women, then women.
If relationships, then relationships.
If Christ, then Christ.
What defines you today?
This encouraged me this week, from Colossians 1:
- Verse 14: In him we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
- Verse 15a: He is the image of the invisible God.
- Verse 15b: He is the firstborn of all creation—that is, the specially honored, first and only Son over all creation.
- Verse 16a: By him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities. (We will come back to verse 16.)
- Verse 16b: All things were created through him.
- Verse 16c: All things were created for him.
- Verse 17a: He is before all things.
- Verse 17b: In him all things hold together.
- Verse 18a: He is the head of the body, the church.
- Verse 18b: He is the beginning.
- Verse 18c: He is the firstborn from the dead.
- Verse 18d: In everything he is preeminent.
- Verse 19: In him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell.
- Verse 20a: He reconciles all things to himself, whether on earth or in heaven.
- Verse 20b: He makes peace by the blood of his cross.